RatholeRadio 45 – Feb 6th 2011
Posted on February 9, 2011
Welcome to another Rathole Radio. This show was originally broadcast on Sunday February 6th thanks to my good friend Herbie Green, but it was pre-recorded. I was away in Brussels during the time of the show but managed to line up a special interview with Nerdcore legend MC Frontalot. I also played my newest song inspired by events in Egypt. I hope you enjoy the show.
- 00:00 – The Last Royals – Crystal Vases – License Unknown – off their eponymous EP, which came out in November on Ooh La La Records.
- 07:22 – The Black Atlantic – Heirloom – CC BY-NC-SA Licensed – (recommended to me by Claire Pitt a long time ago, sorry for the delay) A very cool group from Holland with amazing harmonies and haunting sound.
- 12:22 – Mc Frontalot – I hate your blog – Copyright Licensed
- 16:20 – Interview guest: MC Frontalot
- 33:16 – Mc Hawking (feat Frontalot) – Bitchslap – Copyright Licensed
- 37:28 – Interview continued
- 48:35 – Mc Frontalot – First World Problem – Copyright Licensed
- 55:18 – Live Tune – Dan Lynch – Trouble In Egypt – CC BY-SA Licensed
- 63:05 – BURNOUT – Best Time – French punk band. Loving the Parklife opening to this.
Thanks to Don_S, Neil Quincy and also Evgeny Kuznetsov for their kind donations. This helps to keep the show running and all money goes on server costs and upkeep. If you’d like to chip in, however large or small, I appreciate it. You can use the Paypal button to the right. You don’t need a Paypal account credit cards are accepted. Thank you!
Get In Touch: Please send me your thoughts and feedback on the music I play or any other aspect of the show. If you make music or you know people who make music and you think they should be on the show, send me suggestions and demos by all means. I’m always pleased to find new music and share it with people. Most of that is down to you, the wonderful listeners and your wisdom.
Send all feedback and suggestions to – show AT ratholeradio.org
Next show: Sunday 20th February 2011 at 9pm UK time
Thanks for listening, I hope you enjoyed the show. Thanks also to everyone who turned up in our IRC channel at irc.freenode.net the channel name is #ratholeradio. I don’t expect much to happen there in the weeks between shows, I probably won’t be around much, but if people want to hang around in there and chat you’re more than welcome. Don’t forget you can access the channel from a web browser by going to webchat.freenode.net and entering #ratholeradio in the channel text box. Take care till next time folks.
Support the show: if you’d like to leave a tip and help pay for the cost of making the show please use the Paypal button in the sidebar of the site.
Music Sources and Licensing: A few of the tracks in this show are from the artists own personal websites and don’t contain licensing information. That’s why they are listed as unknown. The individual licenses are listed next to each track, where known. If there is no license listed you must assume all rights are reserved on that song.
The rest come from the following sources: Jamendo.com
Rathole Radio by Dan Lynch is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 2.0 UK: England & Wales License.
Proud Member of The Association Of Music Podcasting – visit musicpodcasting.org for more details.