Rathole Radio 50 – 17th April 2011
Posted on April 20, 2011
The last Rathole Radio before the gig on April 24th in Liverpool. I think I’m beyond nerves now, not about playing and performing, that’s easy. More about nobody turning up :S Anyway, enough of that, this is the BIGGEST Rathole Radio over as guest Nick Tann and I discussed music, podcasting, aerial photography and much more. There’s also plenty of music. Enjoy!
- 00:00 – Betamax DC – Radio (Where Did You Go?) – CC BY-ND-ND Licensed – Japanese artist, can be found on Jamendo. Best wishes to all in Japan right now, we haven’t forgotten you!
- 05:49 – Insanity Hurts – 18 With A Bullet – License Unknown – Scouse hip hop suggested by Adrian McEwen. This track is great and it’s nice to hear people rapping with Liverpool accents.
- 14:35 Nick Tann – 3am (Vinyl Project Version) – License Unknown
19:30 – Interview guest: Nick Tann
- 35:33 – Nick Tann – One Night Stand (Vinyl Project Version) – License Unknown
Much more waffle from Nick and I. Check out Nick’s music on Bandcamp and support him, independent artists rock! We really Ratholed this and talked for ages, the show lives up to it’s name 😉
- 71:18 – Nick Tann – How Can It Be Wrong – License Unknown
- 77:12 – Greg Baumont – La Face Cachee De La Lune – CC BY-NC-ND Licensed – Interesting bit of breakbeat/trip hop almost by this French artist from Strasbourg. Can be found on Jamendo. I like the weird opera samples with the ladies voice.
- 86:55 – W.E.I.R.D – Green Eyes – CC BY-NC-SA Licensed – Interesting stuff, it’s hard to know how to describe it exactly. The genre list on Jamendo says Rock, Experimental, Ambient, Drum & Bass. So I think they’re struggling to define it too. Thanks to Kevie for the recommendation.
Thanks to everyone who’s supported the Rathole Radio gig, it’s in 1 week! I’ve added Paypal to the options because Google Checkout doesn’t work in a lot of countries. Some people requested the option to buy non-attendee sponsor tickets and support us. I can’t believe it, THANK YOU!
You’ll be able to watch the gig online and interact via the chatroom and microblogs, this is all free and there’s no ticket needed. We’d really appreciate your support if you find this entertaining though.
Please spread the word about the show, tell 1 friend, it could make a big difference if everyone does it 🙂
Get In Touch: Please send me your thoughts and feedback on the music I play or any other aspect of the show. If you make music or you know people who make music and you think they should be on the show, send me suggestions and demos by all means. I’m always pleased to find new music and share it with people. Most of that is down to you, the wonderful listeners and your wisdom.
Send all feedback and suggestions to – show AT ratholeradio.org
Next show: Sunday April 24th 2011 at 8pm UK time – The Live Rathole Roadshow 2011!!
Thanks for listening, I hope you enjoyed the show. Thanks also to everyone who turned up in our IRC channel at irc.freenode.net the channel name is #ratholeradio. I don’t expect much to happen there in the weeks between shows, I probably won’t be around much, but if people want to hang around in there and chat you’re more than welcome. Don’t forget you can access the channel from a web browser by going to webchat.freenode.net and entering #ratholeradio in the channel text box. Take care till next time folks.
Support the show: if you’d like to leave a tip and help pay for the cost of making the show please use the Paypal button in the sidebar of the site.
Music Sources and Licensing: A few of the tracks in this show are from the artists own personal websites and don’t contain licensing information. That’s why they are listed as unknown. The individual licenses are listed next to each track, where known. If there is no license listed you must assume all rights are reserved on that song.
The rest come from the following sources: Jamendo.com
Rathole Radio by Dan Lynch is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 2.0 UK: England & Wales License.
Proud Member of The Association Of Music Podcasting – visit musicpodcasting.org for more details.