RatholeRadio 52 – 15th May 2011
Posted on May 17, 2011
Guess who’s back? Back in the studio and back to a more regular show at last. This might be the most eclectic Rathole Radio ever. There’s a bit of everything in here, well it feels like it anyway. So put your feet up, get comfy, grab yourself a drink and dig in.
- 00:00 – Tab Benoit – Come And Get It – License Unknown – Heard this on the Roadhouse podcast number 324 and had to play it. Great tune. Check out Tab Benoit’s website and his new album Medicine.
- 06:50 – Lejo Harmeson & Essence – Complicated Man – CC BY-NC-SA Licensed – Heard this on the CCHits weekly review show and liked it. Got to the site, listen to the shows and vote, we need people to participate!
- 10:50 – Regra 4 – Samba Groove, a volta do homem pro mato – CC BY-SA Licensed – One I found randomly while surfing Jamendo.
- 15:41 – Partition 36 – The Optic Nerve – CC BY-NC-SA Licensed – I played a track called “I Love Penguins” by this artist some time ago and this is a great follow up. Lovely slice of industrial sounding electro. Thanks to GamerChick02 for the tip.
- 21:38 – Derelict Earth – The Darkest Serenity – CC BY-NC-SA Licensed – A French metal band (from Grenoble), you don’t see many of those. They’ve obviously been listening to some early Metallica I think, and that’s no bad thing.
- 30:22 – Chamber Music Society Of Lincoln Center – Pachelbel’s Canon In D – License Unknown – Kindly sent to me by Don_S who asked why I don’t play much classical music. As he guessed it’s often the length of the pieces and it’s tough to fit them in. I’m a fan though. (Lincoln Center blurb)
- 36:46 – Teddy Goldstein & The Goldsteins – New York City – License Unknown – Heard this on AMPed 280 and it was submitted by Peter Clitheroe of Suffolk & Cool. This reminded me of The Eagles in the vocal style and it’s a nice tune. I bought it off CD Baby.
- 43:14 – LIVE TUNE – “Medicine Man” by Dan Lynch – CC BY-SA Licensed – A tune I wrote some years ago and I have a feeling I might have played it live on the show before. I only realised after I’d done it. Well never mind, people seemed to enjoy it anyway. I’m hoping to soon record an album of tunes like this that have gotten away over the years.
- 48:49 – ‘Til Dusk – One By One – License Unknown – Emailed to me by Chris from the band. They’re based in Southampton in the UK. This track is taken from their debut album Cold Lust which is released May 16th and you can find out more at www.tildusk.co.uk
Guest next time! Wayne Mayers AKA Fit & The Conniptions.
- 57:59 – Dual Core – Magnificent Seven (feat Nerdcore) – All Rights Reserved – A big thanks to Mark Horsley for emailing this track to me. I’ve heard Dual Core a few times but not this track. It’s from the 2009 album Next Level which you can get on Bandcamp and other places and it features almost everyone in Nerdcore it seems. Beefy, MC Frontalot and more.
A big thanks to everyone who helps support the show. You donations are the reason I can do this. So click those Flattr buttons and use the Paypal link, and I’ll keep the music coming. Deal?
Please spread the word about the show, tell 1 friend, it could make a big difference if everyone does it
Get In Touch: Please send me your thoughts and feedback on the music I play or any other aspect of the show. If you make music or you know people who make music and you think they should be on the show, send me suggestions and demos by all means. I’m always pleased to find new music and share it with people. Most of that is down to you, the wonderful listeners and your wisdom.
Send all feedback and suggestions to – show AT ratholeradio.org
Next show: Sunday May 29th 2011 at 9pm UK time
Thanks for listening, I hope you enjoyed the show. Thanks also to everyone who turned up in our IRC channel at irc.freenode.net the channel name is #ratholeradio. I don’t expect much to happen there in the weeks between shows, I probably won’t be around much, but if people want to hang around in there and chat you’re more than welcome. Don’t forget you can access the channel from a web browser by going to webchat.freenode.net and entering #ratholeradio in the channel text box. Take care till next time folks.
Support the show: If you’d like to leave a tip and help pay for the cost of making the show please use the Paypal button in the sidebar of the site. Or click the Flattr buttons.
Music Sources and Licensing: A few of the tracks in this show are from the artists own personal websites and don’t contain licensing information. That’s why they are listed as unknown. The individual licenses are listed next to each track, where known. If there is no license listed you must assume all rights are reserved on that song.
The rest come from the following sources: Jamendo.com
Rathole Radio by Dan Lynch is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 2.0 UK: England & Wales License.
Proud Member of The Association Of Music Podcasting – visit musicpodcasting.org for more details.