RatholeRadio 59 – 23rd Aug 2011
Posted on August 26, 2011
A slightly late Rathole Radio this time. Please accept my apologies for that. I have a cold at the minute and can’t seem to sing or talk as normal. I missed the live show on Sunday due to this but I couldn’t leave you hanging another 2 weeks. So here’s some excellent tunes I played in a recorded show. It’s mostly pretty relaxed music this time so put your feet up and enjoy.
- 00:00 – Rackets VS Ved – Just Friends – CC BY-NC-SA Licensed – A big thank you to JonTheNiceGuy for sending this my way. Fascinating collaborative project between young musicians in Camden and New Zealand.
- 06:40 – Fit & The Conniptions – Spider Song – CC BY-NC-SA Licensed – Another track from Wayne.
- 09:07 – Peet Cal – NJ Giants – License Unknown – A New Jersey rapper who contacted me recently via email. I really like the sound of his voice and his flow. Check him out at http://askuniversity.com
- 14:24 – Thursday Group – Lynch’s Law – License Unknown – Emailed to me by listener Bill Zingler. He calls it progressive Jazz but I thought it had more of a Spanish guitar feel. He found it on Magnatune and says members are allowed to use these tracks on podcasts. Get over there and buy a copy if you like it
- 18:26 – Fit & The Conniptions – Broken – CC BY-NC-SA Licensed – Wayne came and played for us at OggCamp and he’s a top bloke. I wanted to remind you all of his brilliance.
- 25:25 – CiderbeardJoe – I Am Joe’s Wasted Life – License Unknown – I met Joe Ressington at OggCamp and he played a couple of songs for us on my guitar. I love his voice and the production on these tracks is great. There will be more, oh yes!
- 28:52 – Pikachunes Vs. Issey & Daniel – Change Now – CC BY-NC-SA Licensed – Another track from the Other Side Of The World project. A bit more electro this one. Great tune.
- 34:48 – Gardner Chamber Orchestra – Air On The G String (Paula Robinson director & flute) – License Unknown – Seminal work by Johann Sebastian Bach. Another piece from the Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum collection. I’ve played some other things in the past. An incredible resource for high quality freely licensed classical music. Their database is massive.
Kind donations came in from Alistair Kidd, Jackie (aka Zenith) and Evgeny Kuznetsov. Plus all the people who clicked the Flattr buttons.
A big thanks to everyone who helps support the show financially. It’s a non-profit enterprise. You donations are the reason I can do this. So click those Flattr buttons and use the Paypal link in the sidebar, and I’ll keep the music coming. Deal?
Get In Touch: Please send me your thoughts and feedback on the music I play or any other aspect of the show. If you make music or you know people who make music and you think they should be on the show, send me suggestions and demos by all means. I’m always pleased to find new music and share it with people. Most of that is down to you, the wonderful listeners and your wisdom.
Email all feedback and suggestions to – show AT ratholeradio.org
Next show: Sunday September 4th 2011 at 9pm UK time
Thanks for listening, I hope you enjoyed the show. Thanks also to everyone who turned up in our IRC channel at irc.freenode.net the channel name is #ratholeradio. I don’t expect much to happen there in the weeks between shows, I probably won’t be around much, but if people want to hang around in there and chat you’re more than welcome. Don’t forget you can access the channel from a web browser by going to webchat.freenode.net and entering #ratholeradio in the channel text box. Take care till next time folks.
Support the show: If you’d like to leave a tip and help pay for the cost of making the show please use the Paypal button in the sidebar of the site. Or click the Flattr buttons.
Music Sources and Licensing: A few of the tracks in this show are from the artists own personal websites and don’t contain licensing information. That’s why they are listed as unknown. The individual licenses are listed next to each track, where known. If there is no license listed you must assume all rights are reserved on that song.
Rathole Radio by Dan Lynch is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 2.0 UK: England & Wales License. Proud Member of The Association Of Music Podcasting – visit musicpodcasting.orgfor more details.