RatholeRadio 58 – Aug 7th 2011
Posted on August 10, 2011
No celebrity guests this time, you’re stuck with just me. But fear not, another Rathole Radio rolled out nonetheless. I played my usual eclectic mix of music and probably rambled on too much. I did find time to perform a brand new live tune though. Hope you enjoy it.
- 00:00 – Professor Kliq – Ode To Charles – CC BY-NC-SA Licensed – I heard this again recently and realised I’d forgotten the genius of Professor Kliq. How did this guy not win a Jamendo award recently?! Come on. From his seminal album Guns Blazin’.
- 06:14 – Daniel Berges & The Windsurfers – On The Wall – CC BY-NC-SA Licensed – Great track I heard via CCHits. The female vocal reminds me of The Pretenders.
- 08:59 – Peet Cal – Preachers Song – License Unknown – This track was sent to me by the artist and I was so impressed. I love the Issac Hayes sample and I remember Wu-Tang Clan also used it to great effect. Will aim to find out more and get more tracks for you in future weeks.
Email from Bohdie – His friend from work (Dan Gorman) plays in Vancouver rock band called Aviator Shades. He asked Dan about playing some tracks on the show and got permission. He does say these are old recordings and not quite as good as the new stuff, which I can relate to. But it sounds good to me. Who doesn’t like a big riff?
- 16:10 – Aviator Shades – Slice Of The Pie – License Unknown – Great Canadian rock band with twin guitar attack. They have a gig at The Roxy in Vancouver on August 25th. Find out more on MySpace.
- 19:47 – Triplexity -Between Light And Shadow (feat Sands) – CC BY-NC-SA Licensed – A cool bit of break beat Jazz.
- 28:03 – Dan Lynch – Leave Your Hat Theme – CC BY-SA Licensed – A bit of dirty blues music I made this week. I busted out the guitars and went a bit mad. Check out the amazing video that Fab and Thomas did from this. There’ll be more info on the new show after OggCamp.
- 29:33 – Antiphon – Over And Under – CC BY-SA Licensed – Almost sound art, I found this hypnotic and interesting. Very ambient. It’s from the Free Music Archive. <read information>
- 34:24 – Peet Cal – Caliberhytm – License Unknown – Another slice of hip hop from Peet. Good stuff
- 38:06 – Won James Won – Tanza Di Panza 77 – CC BY-NC-ND Licensed – A really quirky and funky track. I like it.
- 44:12 – LIVE TRACK – Dan Lynch – One More Try – CC BY-SA Licensed – Hot off the press. A slightly ropey rendition of a song I wrote last night.
- 49:14 – George Ellinas – Pulse (George Elinas remix) – CC BY Licensed – This track is going off like a bomb. Get your glow sticks ready
Erataa – On the last show I played a song by Tet Productions I said was called Boum Boum. It wasn’t. It’s called Yepa and it’s from the album Boum Boum. Sorry.
- 57:34 – Silence Is Sexy – Come Back To You – CC BY-NC-SA Licensed – Nice uplifting rock track I thought, this is a Dutch band.
A big thanks to everyone who helps support the show financially. It’s a non-profit enterprise. You donations are the reason I can do this. So click those Flattr buttons and use the Paypal link in the sidebar, and I’ll keep the music coming. Deal?
Get In Touch: Please send me your thoughts and feedback on the music I play or any other aspect of the show. If you make music or you know people who make music and you think they should be on the show, send me suggestions and demos by all means. I’m always pleased to find new music and share it with people. Most of that is down to you, the wonderful listeners and your wisdom.
Email all feedback and suggestions to – show AT ratholeradio.org
Next show: Sunday August 21st 2011 at 9pm UK time
Thanks for listening, I hope you enjoyed the show. Thanks also to everyone who turned up in our IRC channel at irc.freenode.net the channel name is #ratholeradio. I don’t expect much to happen there in the weeks between shows, I probably won’t be around much, but if people want to hang around in there and chat you’re more than welcome. Don’t forget you can access the channel from a web browser by going to webchat.freenode.net and entering #ratholeradio in the channel text box. Take care till next time folks.
Support the show: If you’d like to leave a tip and help pay for the cost of making the show please use the Paypal button in the sidebar of the site. Or click the Flattr buttons.
Music Sources and Licensing: A few of the tracks in this show are from the artists own personal websites and don’t contain licensing information. That’s why they are listed as unknown. The individual licenses are listed next to each track, where known. If there is no license listed you must assume all rights are reserved on that song. The rest come from the following sources: Jamendo.com
Rathole Radio by Dan Lynch is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 2.0 UK: England & Wales License.
Proud Member of The Association Of Music Podcasting – visit musicpodcasting.org for more details.