RatholeRadio 66 – 27th Nov 2011
Posted on November 30, 2011
Rathole Radio 66 is upon us, just like winter seems to be. So wrap up warm, get the chicken soup on the go and tap your feet to my eclectic selection of tunes. There’s a live acoustic blues performance.
Apologies for messing up the mp3 download of the last show. It was cutting off halfway through.
- 06:44 – Lee Maddeford – Le petit jardin (with Les Gauchers Orchestra) – CC BY-NC-SA Licensed– From FreeMusicArchive.org – Gorgeous, acoustic instrumental works by Lee Maddeford performed by Les Gauchers Orchestra and Les Gauchers Quintet. The pieces range from seemingly Hungarian gypsy dances that would warm the heart of Béla Bartók to pieces that would work for British society bands and on to lush works with string arrangements.
- 09:27 – Big Bill Broonzy – Baby Please Don’t Go – Public Domain Licensed – A classic track by a legendary blues singer Big Bill Broonzy. If you don’t know about him check out the information on Wikipedia.
- 18:27 – Stereo Electric Mistress – Famous On Facebook – Licence Unknown – I met Clare the band’s manager at Barcamp Liverpool via Graham Holland. She got me a copy of this track via Tom one of the members. To be honest I really wasn’t sure what to make of this at first. It quickly grew on me though and by the end of that first listen I already liked it. That’s a good sign 🙂
- 22:12 – Juanitos – Super Exotic 60’s Beat – CC BY Licensed – Another one I heard on CCHits and liked. Loving the retro sound, suits the song title.
- 27:42 – Hank Penny – Rabbits Don’t Ever Get Married – CC BY-NC-ND Licensed – A cracking bit of country old style country music with humour I thought. This is from the Bloodshot Revival collection on FreeMusicArchive.org. I have to give a thanks to Heeed for sending it my way and he heard it via Dave and Caroline on The Bugcast. Are you confused yet?
- 30:22 – Plushgoolash – Big Gay Waterfight – CC BY-NC-SA Licensed – Can’t tell you much about this artist or track other than the title caught my eye. It’s currently near the top of the chart on FreeMusicArchive.org.
- 36:09 – Mamma Reggae – Ragga – CC BY-NC-ND Licensed – A nice bit of reggae I came across on Jamendo. Not much info on there but it looks like they’re Argentinian so I assume they’re singing in Spanish. Light up a fat one and enjoy!
- 39:24 – Broke For Free – Night Owl – CC BY Licensed – Another track I found on the FreeMusicArchive.org chart. An art student from Santa Cruz Californina by the name of Tom Cascino. You can buy his music from Bandcamp.
45:24 – LIVE TRACK – An old blues classic, “Sweet Home Chicago”. Hope you enjoy it.
- 50:14 – Pete Vyler – Backstreet Emperor – CC BY-NC-SA Licensed – A very cool punk track I came across on Jamendo which is actually by a French artist. There’s a full album so I look forward to hearing more.
A big thanks to everyone who helps support the show financially. It’s a non-profit enterprise. Your donations are the reason I can do this. So click those Flattr buttons and use the Paypal link and I’ll keep the music coming. Deal?
Get In Touch: Please send me your thoughts and feedback on the music I play or any other aspect of the show. If you make music or you know people who make music and you think they should be on the show, send me suggestions and demos by all means. I’m always pleased to find new music and share it with people. Most of that is down to you, the wonderful listeners and your wisdom.
Email all feedback and suggestions to – show AT ratholeradio.org
Next show: Sunday December 11th 2011 at 9pm UK time
Thanks for listening, I hope you enjoyed the show. Thanks also to everyone who turned up in our IRC channel at irc.freenode.net the channel name is #ratholeradio. I don’t expect much to happen there in the weeks between shows, I probably won’t be around much, but if people want to hang around in there and chat you’re more than welcome. Don’t forget you can access the channel from a web browser by going to webchat.freenode.net and entering #ratholeradio in the channel text box. Take care till next time folks.
Support the show: If you’d like to leave a tip and help pay for the cost of making the show please use the Paypal button in the sidebar of the site. Or click the Flattr buttons.
Music Sources and Licensing: A few of the tracks in this show are from the artists own personal websites and don’t contain licensing information. That’s why they are listed as unknown. The individual licenses are listed next to each track, where known. If there is no license listed you must assume all rights are reserved on that song.
Rathole Radio is a proud member of the Association Of Music Podcasting.