RatholeRadio 67 – 11th Dec 2011
Posted on December 14, 2011
Welcome to Rathole Radio 67. Another collection of eclectic music I present for your listening pleasure. I also did an acoustic performance of a 20lb Sounds track.
- 00:00 – The Happy Problem – Curvature - License Unknown – I heard about this band via The DarkCompass Podcast and fellow AMPer Rowley Cutler. The Happy Problem have dive-bombed NYC’s sleepy indie music scene. Their album Head Case can be found on iTunes and CDBaby.
- 06:44 – The Ink Project – Araldite Tears – License Unknown – This track was submitted to AMPed from the Made in the UK Show and I enjoyed it so much I wanted to share. I can’t tell you a massive amount about it or the artist but follow the link to read more.
- 11:00 – Laura K – Saboteur – CC BY-NC-ND Licensed – I found this one via Jonny Dobson and the Edinburgh Man Podcast. I’m a sucker for a girl with a ukelele what can I say. This is a great song though and Laura K has a beautiful voice too. This is available for free download from the Eardums Pop netlabel. Check out their good work.
- 19:01 – Kellee Maize - Healing Tones - CC BY-SA Licensed – An interesting US rapper from Jamendo. Kellee hails from Pittsburgh. This track is the intro to the album and I wanted to play it for you first. I will play another song later once this sets you up. From the album Integration.
- 20:45 – Kellee Maize - Shadows - CC BY-SA Licensed – One of my favourite tracks of her album Integration. You can find it on Jamendo. Nice guest rap too.
What month would you like the Rathole Roadshow 2012 to be? You can vote – http://poll.fm/3f932
- 29:44 – The Dark Clan – (Man With A) Clockwork Heart – CC BY-NC-ND Licensed - Good friend @JonTheNiceGuy tipped me off to this group. They lived up to their name on the track he sent, it was incredibly dark and slightly disturbing. So I opted for this quirky tune from their free tracks collection on Bandcamp.
- 33:37 – 8in8 – Twelve Line Song - CC BY-NC Licensed – Another track from CC supergroup 8in8 which features Amanda Palmer, Ben Folds, Damien Kulash and Neil Gaiman. I’ve played tracks off their EP Nighty Night before but not this one.
- 40:30 – Libra – Morning Traffic – CC BY-NC-ND Licensed – An interesting bit of Polish drum & bass. Not every day I get to say that sentence. I found this via Pete Cogle and the PC Podcast. You can find the band on Jamendo and there’s loads of stuff to be downloaded. This is the opening track from the album Drum Your Life.
45:50 - LIVE TRACK: 20lb Sounds – Teardrop – CC BY-SA Licensed. An acoustic rendition of one of the songs we’ve been doing with the band. It’s a track I originally wrote when I was 16 but the words have improved a lot since. (Sorry for the poor sound quality at times during the live song)
- 49:21 – Rachel Brown – Diamond In The Rough – License Unknown – I’ve played New York singer songwriter Rachel Brown before but I thought I’d treat you to another track. I can highly recommend her single Bumblebee to you all, you can get it on Itunes, Amazon or CDBaby.
- 61:33 – Alex Hulme – There Was A Boy – License Unknown – I heard Alex via Graham Holland and Liverpool Acoustic Spotlight. Then I went down to their Christmas do and got to see Alex live, it was amazing. His use of live loops and his voice are excellent, plus he’s a really nice lad. Check him out and buy some of his music.
I have to thank Durand D’Souza and Raymond Newbery for their kind donations since the last show. Plus of course all the wonderful people who supported the show via Flattr. Thank you!
Your donations are the reason I can do this. So click those Flattr buttons and use the Paypal link and I’ll keep the music coming. Deal?
Please spread the word about the show. Tell 1 friend, it could make a big difference if everyone does it.
Get In Touch: Please send me your thoughts and feedback on the music I play or any other aspect of the show. If you make music or you know people who make music and you think they should be on the show, send me suggestions and demos by all means. I’m always pleased to find new music and share it with people. Most of that is down to you, the wonderful listeners and your wisdom.
Email all feedback and suggestions to – show AT ratholeradio.org
Next show: Monday December 26th 2011 at 9pm UK time
Thanks for listening, I hope you enjoyed the show. Thanks also to everyone who turned up in our IRC channel at irc.freenode.net the channel name is #ratholeradio. I don’t expect much to happen there in the weeks between shows, I probably won’t be around much, but if people want to hang around in there and chat you’re more than welcome. Don’t forget you can access the channel from a web browser by going to webchat.freenode.net and entering #ratholeradio in the channel text box. Take care till next time folks.
Support the show: If you’d like to leave a tip and help pay for the cost of making the show please use the Paypal button in the sidebar of the site. Or click the Flattr buttons.
Music Sources and Licensing: A few of the tracks in this show are from the artists own personal websites and don’t contain licensing information. That’s why they are listed as unknown. The individual licenses are listed next to each track, where known. If there is no license listed you must assume all rights are reserved on that song.
Rathole Radio is a proud member of the Association Of Music Podcasting.