RatholeRadio 68 – 26th Dec 2011
Posted on December 27, 2011
Welcome to this Christmas edition of Rathole Radio. I say Christmas edition but I didn’t do anything different really. I still played an assortment of the best Independent music on the web and also performed a specially requested live track. I hope you enjoy it. Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!
- 00:00 – STEEP – Let Me Go – CC BY-SA Licensed – A German rock band from Munich. I’ve played them before but was reminded of them by a recent CCHIts.net.
- 05:49 – Robin Grey – The Hackney Gentrification Song – CC BY-NC-SA Licensed – I played Robin Grey right back when the show started in 2009. I was reminded of him again by CCHits.net and I’m pleased to say he’s been busy since recording lots of great new material. This song is great, I love the wry humour. It could also be the anthem for Liverpool it seems. “Knock it down, build flats, knock it down”.
- 08:38 – Patricia Wake – Living In The Dark – CC BY-NC-ND Licensed – Another track from The Dark Clan who I played last time. I don’t know a massive amount about the band but I like this track.
- 19:19 – Cider Beard Joe – It’s Not Unusual – CC BY-NC-SA Licensed – A friend of the show, Joe sent me this great Tom Jones cover and I had to play it. He tells me all his stuff is under a CC license but this track might be tricky as it’s a copyrighted song already.
- 21:26 – The Freak Fandango Orchestra – Balkans Beats – CC BY-SA Licensed – I’ve played The Freak Fandango Orchestra plenty of times on this show and I love this crazy Barcelona-based group.
- 28:14 – Azoora featuring graciellita – Motionless – CC BY-SA Licensed – A great collaboration between London based John Percell of Azoora and Canadian artist Graciellita. It was released by netlabel 23 Seconds. More information.
- 32:11 – Dazie Mae – Sofa – CC BY-NC-SA Licensed – A beautiful slice of French jazz/blues with a hint of Latin influence from Paris-based artist Dazie Mae. You can find more tracks and information on Jamendo.
- 40:39 – Ghost_k (Ghost Kollective) – Stop (One More Time Remix 2011) — CC BY Licensed – A special remix of this track from CCMixter by a group who were spawned from that very site.
47:30 – LIVE TRACK – “Hallalujah” by Jeff Buckley as a special request for Katy in Germany. I had to learn this for the show and practice it a few times, so I hope you like how it came out.
- 54:41 – Dad Rocks! – Funemployment – CC BY-NC-SA Licensed – Heard this one via AMPed. It was submitted by Jonny Dobson from the Edinburgh Man Podcast.
- 63:32 – Birds of Tokyo – Wild Eyed Boy – CC BY-NC-ND Licensed – A nice bit of upbeat indie rock from this Australian outfit. They’re doing really well and this track is from their 3rd album which is self-titled. That album was certified gold in the first month of release.
Thank you to all the wonderful people who supported the show via Flattr! Your donations are the reason I can do this. So click those Flattr buttons and use the Paypal link and I’ll keep the music coming. Deal?
Please spread the word about the show. Tell 1 friend, it could make a big difference if everyone does it.
Get In Touch: Please send me your thoughts and feedback on the music I play or any other aspect of the show. If you make music or you know people who make music and you think they should be on the show, send me suggestions and demos by all means. I’m always pleased to find new music and share it with people. Most of that is down to you, the wonderful listeners and your wisdom.
Email all feedback and suggestions to – show AT ratholeradio.org
Next show: Sunday January 8th 2011 at 9pm UK time
Thanks for listening, I hope you enjoyed the show. Thanks also to everyone who turned up in our IRC channel at irc.freenode.net the channel name is #ratholeradio. I don’t expect much to happen there in the weeks between shows, I probably won’t be around much, but if people want to hang around in there and chat you’re more than welcome. Don’t forget you can access the channel from a web browser by going to webchat.freenode.net and entering #ratholeradio in the channel text box. Take care till next time folks.
Support the show: If you’d like to leave a tip and help pay for the cost of making the show please use the Paypal button in the sidebar of the site. Or click the Flattr buttons.
Music Sources and Licensing: A few of the tracks in this show are from the artists own personal websites and don’t contain licensing information. That’s why they are listed as unknown. The individual licenses are listed next to each track, where known. If there is no license listed you must assume all rights are reserved on that song.
Rathole Radio is a proud member of the Association Of Music Podcasting.