RatholeRadio 76 – 15th Apr 2012
Posted on April 18, 2012
Back once again it’s the incredible, Rathole. This time we have guests too as I interviewed Sonny & Colin from The Corinthians in a local pub. It was chaotic but amazing. I hope you enjoy it. There’s also a selection of eclectic tunes to keep you entertained.
- 00:00 - C. bass .t.n – Star Shift – CC BY-NC-SA Licensed – A track I heard via Jamendo dance radio and I liked the slightly industrial synth sound mixed with a more house beat. A German artist. This is taken from the 2009 album Transparent Moments.
- 07:22 - The Dopamines – Paid In Full - License Unknown – A nice bit of melodic punk sent in by listener Mark Horsley.
- 11:43 - The Corinthians – “The Quitter… in Dub” – License Unknown – A track from the Corinthians to lead into our interview.
13:30 – INTERVIEW – Sonny & Colin from The Corinthians. A chaotic chat at Ye Olde Cracke pub in Liverpool. Contains copious swearing so close your ears if you’re easily offended. A big thanks also to Rob The Anti-Fascist Manager and Cyril the dog.
- 25:25 - The Corinthians – “The Hot One feat Nicky Talent” – License Unknown
27:58 – INTERVIEW continues…
- 39:25 - The Corinthians – “Don’t Worry” – License Unknown
- 45:30 - Thom Morecroft – “Better Than I Thought” - License Unknown – Another artist appearing at the Rathole Roadshow on Friday May 11th at LEAF, Liverpool. Come down, you need to hear Thom’s voice live believe me. This track is available via Soundcloud.
- 48:34 - Paul Platt – “Everything” – License Unknown – I chatted to Paul on email and he sent me some original tracks. I really like this one. Great bluesy guitar sound and an interesting beat. He says:
Quantum Jazz man Don_S emailed me about his new project Accidental Notes. It’s a blog where he’ll be posting new solo stuff he’s working on. It features some different styles and the tracks will build up as he goes. Check it out..
- 60:45 - GRENOUER – “Last Stop” - License Unknown – A great bit of metal from this Russian band. I got the EP Computer Crime via email recently and with that name I expected electro. I obviously missed the part where it said “metal greetings from Russia” though. They hail from St Petersburg and this EP has been picked up by Copro Records in the UK. Find our more about them via wikipedia.
Flattr Peeps: Thanks to Don.S, CiaranG, JohanV, Mackrauss, eksortso and pkoppers for Flattering EP 75
Your donations are the reason I can do this. So click those Flattr buttons and use the Paypal link and I’ll keep the music coming. Deal?
Please spread the word about the show. Tell 1 friend, it could make a big difference if everyone does it.
Get In Touch: Please send me your thoughts and feedback on the music I play or any other aspect of the show. If you make music or you know people who make music and you think they should be on the show, send me suggestions and demos by all means. I’m always pleased to find new music and share it with people. Most of that is down to you, the wonderful listeners and your wisdom.
Email all feedback and suggestions to – show AT ratholeradio.org
You can also find me on Twitter and Identi.ca. Like us on Facebook.
Next Live Show: Sunday April 29th 2012 at 9:00pm UK time
Thanks for listening, I hope you enjoyed the show. Thanks also to everyone who turned up in our IRC channel at irc.freenode.net the channel name is #ratholeradio. I don’t expect much to happen there in the weeks between shows, but if people want to hang around and chat you’re more than welcome. Don’t forget you can access the channel from a web browser by going to webchat.freenode.net and entering #ratholeradio in the channel text box. Take care till next time folks.
Music Sources and Licensing: A few of the tracks in this show are from the artists own personal websites and don’t contain licensing information. That’s why they are listed as unknown. The individual licenses are listed next to each track, where known. If there is no license listed you must assume all rights are reserved on that song.
Rathole Radio is a proud member of the Association Of Music Podcasting.