RatholeRadio 81 – 27th June 2012
Posted on June 28, 2012
A slightly delayed show this time. Apologies for that. I was busy on Sunday watching England lose on penalties in a major football tournament. I’m not sure why I bothered as we’ve done that a thousand times before. Anyway, enough of that. I played my usual eclectic mix of music and had a good time, I hope you have a good time listening
- 00:00 – We Are FM – Dance – CC BY-NC-SA Licensed – A track I picked up from CCHits.net, high energy start to the show from this Dutch artist.
- 05:54 – John Sotter ~ Acoustic Warrior – Fire Wind – CC BY-SA Licensed – Hailing from South California John has been travelling the world
- 09:10 – Fresh Body Shop – Enjoy The Apple – CC BY-NC-ND Licensed – Another slice of industrial goodness from this French artist. I’ve played them many times before and they never disappoint.
Article about CCHits on Creative Commons UK blog.
- 17:25 – Dick Limerick Academy - Nob’eds – CC BY-NC Licensed – Another track from Liverpool rappers Merseycide. I love the track but wasn’t sure of the lyrics at first, until I realised it’s all tongue in cheek. Hence the phrase “I’m a nob’ed” hehe
- 21:04 – Squeaky Chairs Band – Misery Loves Company – CC BY Licensed – 4 lads from Athens, Ohio in the US making great music and squeaking some chairs apparently.
- 29:59 – Lorenzo’s Music – Chocolate and Cocaine – CC BY-SA Licensed – I’ve played these guys many times over the 3 years of Rathole Radio and I think they’re fantastic. Their music is always so well recorded and a pleasure to listen to. Check them out, you can thank me later.
- 33:56 – Mindthings – Sounds From The Past – CC BY-SA Licensed – Not much into for be found on this artist it seems. Maybe you can do better than me, if so feel free to email me. I can tell you that they’re from Bordeaux in France. There you go, I do know something after all.
- 41:45 – Alex Hulme – The Start - License Unknown – From his new EP of the same name which is out on CityScape records. You can get it from Bandcamp. Alex is a really talented young artist and a nice lad. Check him out live if you get the chance.
- 46:32 – ghost2000 – The Aliens Are Here – License Unknown – From their email – ‘ghost2000 a indie hip hop duo. From the UK but have travelled about europe, France, Italy, Germany, Spain…also done some USA stuff Formed in the UK, having been in signed bands, the album planet la la’under a new world order, the aliens are here is the single’
- 51:20 – No Dreams – Just To Be OK – CC BY Licensed – I heard this one via Jamendo radio and liked it. The artist is from Montevido in Uruguay.
- 61:35 – 20lb Sounds – Jimmy Carter (Live acoustic session) – CC BY-NC Licensed – This was recorded for a podcast that’s jet to be published. We recorded it with the guys over at Vizea Sound in Liverpool. Thanks to Joe and Jason for helping.
Thanks to everyone who’s clicked the Flattr buttons to support the show recently
Your donations are the reason I can do this. So click those Flattr buttons and use the Paypal link and I’ll keep the music coming. Deal?
Please spread the word about the show. Tell 1 friend, it could make a big difference if everyone does it.
Get In Touch: Please send me your thoughts and feedback on the music I play or any other aspect of the show. If you make music or you know people who make music and you think they should be on the show, send me suggestions and demos by all means. I’m always pleased to find new music and share it with people. Most of that is down to you, the wonderful listeners and your wisdom.
Email all feedback and suggestions to – show AT ratholeradio.org
You can also find me on Twitter and Identi.ca. Like us on Facebook.
Next Live Show: Sunday July 8th 2012 at 9:00pm UK time
Thanks for listening, I hope you enjoyed the show. Thanks also to everyone who turned up in our IRC channel at irc.freenode.net the channel name is #ratholeradio. I don’t expect much to happen there in the weeks between shows, but if people want to hang around and chat you’re more than welcome. Don’t forget you can access the channel from a web browser by going to webchat.freenode.net and entering #ratholeradio in the channel text box. Take care till next time folks.
Music Sources and Licensing: A few of the tracks in this show are from the artists own personal websites and don’t contain licensing information. That’s why they are listed as unknown. The individual licenses are listed next to each track, where known. If there is no license listed you must assume all rights are reserved on that song.
Rathole Radio is a proud member of the Association Of Music Podcasting.