RatholeRadio 82 – 8th July 2012
Posted on July 11, 2012
Time for another slice of Rathole Radio. Broadcast live on Sunday July 8th 2012, this is episode 82 in the series. It features the usual mixture of eclectic music and a healthy dose of incoherent rambling from yours truly. I hope you enjoy it.
- 00:00 – Kursed – Perfect mean – CC BY-NC-SA Licensed – Another track from French rockers Kursed. I’ve played them before but not for a long time. I was reminded of them by CC Hits recently. Very cool sound.
- 07:10 – Dan Bull – Death Of ACTA – CC BY Licensed – The ever popular protest rapper who attempted a Creative Commons assault on the UK top 40 not so long ago. This song was in a collection of his old stuff and it seemed appropriate this week.
- 10:41 – Anna Dagmar – Satellite – License Unknown – Picked up from the always wonderful Bugcast with Dave & Caroline. I bought this from CD Baby and there’s a load of Anna’s albums on there to check out.
- 21:44 – Alex Hulme – Sparks – License Unknown – Saw Alex live again in Liverpool this week and he really is excellent. Nice guy too, we had a chat after his gig at the Vizea Sounds opening party. He game me a CD of his new EP on Cityscape Records that he’d intended to post. Personal delivery, how nice.
- 23:53 – Diablo Swing Orchestra – Heroines – CC BY-NC-SA Licensed – Sweden’s finest operatic rockers at their best. Their style is hard to define, just the way I like things. I’ve played them many times on the show but so far not this song I don’t think.
- 35:02 – Heifervescent – Let This Monkey Go – CC BY-NC-ND Licensed – A new album has just been released and I’ve featured this artist many times before. Check it out, the album is excellent. There’s a 7 track taster on Jamendo and the full thing is available to buy.
- 39:32 – Tenpenny Joke – Popcorn – CC BY-SA Licensed – Another track from Aussie rockers Tenpenny Joke. I’ve played them a load of times but they’re great. Not played this track so far either. Check out their album Ambush On All Sides on Jamendo. Nearly every track is a corker.
- 46:01 – Felixjd – Little Dreams – CC BY Licensed – Another track from this Italian dance-meister. I’m mixing my languages here, what’s Italian for master? Masterino! Either way. Enjoy the slap bass as I did. I think it may be sampled rather than played but either way, top stuff.
- 51:47 – I Am Not Lefthanded – Spark – CC BY-NC-SA Licensed – Do I really need to tell you who these guys are by now? They’ve been on the show, they’ve played on the stage at a Rathole Roadshow. They’re great and you should get a copy of their new album from the website.
- 61:48 – We Are FM – God Save The DJ – CC BY-NC-SA Licensed – Another track from these Dutch dance/rock dons. Hard to describe the sound of this. Definitely lots of electro in there but also punky elements and twist of industrial. From the album Season One.
Big thanks to Michael Hodgins for his Paypal donation and all the wonderful Flatter peeps as usual. I couldn’t do this without you.
Please spread the word about the show. Tell 1 friend, it could make a big difference if everyone does it.
Get In Touch: Please send me your thoughts and feedback on the music I play or any other aspect of the show. If you make music or you know people who make music and you think they should be on the show, send me suggestions and demos by all means. I’m always pleased to find new music and share it with people. Most of that is down to you, the wonderful listeners and your wisdom.
Email all feedback and suggestions to – show AT ratholeradio.org
You can also find me on Twitter and Identi.ca. Like us on Facebook.
Next Live Show: Sunday July 22nd 2012 at 9:00pm UK time
Thanks for listening, I hope you enjoyed the show. Thanks also to everyone who turned up in our IRC channel at irc.freenode.net the channel name is #ratholeradio. I don’t expect much to happen there in the weeks between shows, but if people want to hang around and chat you’re more than welcome. Don’t forget you can access the channel from a web browser by going to webchat.freenode.net and entering #ratholeradio in the channel text box. Take care till next time folks.
Music Sources and Licensing: A few of the tracks in this show are from the artists own personal websites and don’t contain licensing information. That’s why they are listed as unknown. The individual licenses are listed next to each track, where known. If there is no license listed you must assume all rights are reserved on that song.
Rathole Radio is a proud member of the Association Of Music Podcasting.