RatholeRadio 46 – 20th Feb 2011
Posted on February 22, 2011
Welcome to another Rathole Radio. I was back in the UK this time and back to a live broadcast. Many people joined me in the chat room and we had a good time. I played my usual eclectic mix of tunes and some listeners described the selection this time as “relaxed”. You can decide for yourself. I also gave my rendition of “Long May You Run” by Neil Young.
- 00:00 – Blackwell – I Neva – CC BY-SA Licensed – US rapper on Jamendo. He has a good flow and banging beats, high production value. I like his stuff a lot, you’ll hear more as time goes on.
- 06:28 – Kendra Springer – Hope – CC BY-SA Licensed – One of the top artists on Jamendo and has been for a long time. She plays a mean piano. This song is the title track to her debut album releases in 2009. Kendra says “As an artist, my goal in making music is to create an ambiance of soothing relaxation through the healing power of music, to lift your spirits.”
- 09:27 – Josh Woodward – Let It In – CC BY Licensed – A popular CC artist with loads of albums on Jamendo. Josh is amazing and I encourage you to check him out if you haven’t already.
- 17:16 – Bielebny – Good Funk Bouncing For The Good Beginning – CC BY-NC-SA Licensed – Polish artist I found on Jamendo.
- 22:23 – Nick Tann – The Day After The Night Before – License Unknown – You can get Nick’s music on Bandcamp and he’s a fellow podcaster, he presents Is This Thing On Podcast. He’s a great singer too.
- 26:16 – Woodenbox With A Fist Full Of Fivers – Hang The Noose – License Unkown – Picked from Roderigo De Sa of the Cowboy Cantor podcast. He sent this one in for AMPed.
- 29:55 – BertycoX – The Signal – CC BY-ND Licensed – An electro artist I often seem to get promo emails off through Jamendo but to be fair he’s pretty good. I heard this on Jamendo radio and wanted to play it for you.
- 37:31 – LIVE SONG: “Long May You Run” by Neil Young. http://www.elyricsworld.com/long_may_you_run_lyrics_neil_young.html
- 43:08 – Silence – Cellule – CC BY-SA Licensed – Reportedly from Brussels according to Jamendo but their website is in Russian. You work it out.
- 46:45 – Roger Subirana Mata – The Point Of No Return – CC BY-NC-ND Licensed – A Spanish composer and arranger doing some amazing work. His music always sounds epic and would be great for films I think.
- 57:25 – Sid der Liedermacher – Fuck Sony entertainment – CC BY-NC-SA Licensed – Can their be any language to sound angry in than German? A great song complaining about the licensing laws on the Internet that restrict listening to music by country.
If you’d like to chip in, however large or small, I appreciate it. You can use the Paypal button to the right. You don’t need a Paypal account credit cards are accepted. Thank you!
Get In Touch: Please send me your thoughts and feedback on the music I play or any other aspect of the show. If you make music or you know people who make music and you think they should be on the show, send me suggestions and demos by all means. I’m always pleased to find new music and share it with people. Most of that is down to you, the wonderful listeners and your wisdom.
Send all feedback and suggestions to – show AT ratholeradio.org
Next show: Sunday 6th March 2011 at 9pm UK time
Thanks for listening, I hope you enjoyed the show. Thanks also to everyone who turned up in our IRC channel at irc.freenode.net the channel name is #ratholeradio. I don’t expect much to happen there in the weeks between shows, I probably won’t be around much, but if people want to hang around in there and chat you’re more than welcome. Don’t forget you can access the channel from a web browser by going to webchat.freenode.net and entering #ratholeradio in the channel text box. Take care till next time folks.
Support the show: if you’d like to leave a tip and help pay for the cost of making the show please use the Paypal button in the sidebar of the site.
Music Sources and Licensing: A few of the tracks in this show are from the artists own personal websites and don’t contain licensing information. That’s why they are listed as unknown. The individual licenses are listed next to each track, where known. If there is no license listed you must assume all rights are reserved on that song.
The rest come from the following sources: Jamendo.com
Rathole Radio by Dan Lynch is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 2.0 UK: England & Wales License.
Proud Member of The Association Of Music Podcasting – visit musicpodcasting.org for more details.