RatholeRadio 43 – 9th Jan 2011
Posted on January 11, 2011
The first Rathole Radio of 2011 and it went with a bang. Sadly I couldn’t do a live song after a 2hr gig with 20lb Sounds the night before. My voice was like a Shetland pony… a little horse, get it? Ok I’ll get my coat. I played my usual eclectic selection of music and had a good chat with everyone on IRC. I hope you enjoy the show.
- 05:53 – RootsZombie – OldSchoolVibration – CC BY-NC-SA Licensed
- 10:11 – WillKnox – Cog In The Machine – License Unknown – His album TheMatador & TheAcrobat is available now on iTunes and Amazon. I picked this up from AMPed again via Peter Clitheroe. He recently met Will Knox in New York and recorded an interview with him which will be on his Suffolk & Cool podcast very soon, check it out.
- 16:08 – Lukus – The Shift – License Unknown – Emailed to me by Stewart Webb, an old flatmate of his apparently.
- 20:25 – Rattlin’ Bone – 16 Tons – License Unknown – A great London band with real soul. Heard this on AMPed and loved it. It’s a classic tune but this version rocks.
- 27:52 – AmityInFame – DinnerForOne – CC BY-NC-SA Licensed
- 31:27 – TheDiscoballsProject – Toboggan – License Unknown
- 40:42 – Gangstagrass – Put Your Hands up High – License Unknown
- 56:35 – Lorenzo’sMusic – We All Fall Down – CC BY-SA Licensed – Big thanks to Tom Ray for sending me a preview of the EP. He also co-hosts the Music Manumit podcast which I have been a guest on. This track isn’t actually out yet but will be soon, check out their website for more music and info.
Thanks to Evgeny Kuznetsov for his kind donations. This helps to keep the show running and all money goes on server costs and upkeep. If you’d like to chip in, however large or small, I appreciate it. You can use the Paypal button to the right. You don’t need a Paypal account credit cards are accepted. Thank you!
Get In Touch: Please send me your thoughts and feedback on the music I play or any other aspect of the show. If you make music or you know people who make music and you think they should be on the show, send me suggestions and demos by all means. I’m always pleased to find new music and share it with people. Most of that is down to you, the wonderful listeners and your wisdom.
Send all feedback and suggestions to – show AT ratholeradio.org
Next show: Sunday 23rd January 2011 at 9pm UK time
Thanks for listening, I hope you enjoyed the show. Thanks also to everyone who turned up in our IRC channel at irc.freenode.net the channel name is #ratholeradio. I don’t expect much to happen there in the weeks between shows, I probably won’t be around much, but if people want to hang around in there and chat you’re more than welcome. Don’t forget you can access the channel from a web browser by going to webchat.freenode.net and entering #ratholeradio in the channel text box. Take care till next time folks.
Support the show: if you’d like to leave a tip and help pay for the cost of making the show please use the Paypal button in the sidebar of the site.
Music Sources and Licensing: A few of the tracks in this show are from the artists own personal websites and don’t contain licensing information. That’s why they are listed as unknown. The individual licenses are listed next to each track, where known. If there is no license listed you must assume all rights are reserved on that song.
The rest come from the following sources: Jamendo.com
Rathole Radio by Dan Lynch is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 2.0 UK: England & Wales License.
Proud Member of The Association Of Music Podcasting – visit musicpodcasting.org for more details.