RatholeRadio 48 – 22nd March 2011
Posted on March 22, 2011
Rathole Radio is on the loose again and nobody is safe! This time I played my usual eclectic mix of styles and waffled on in a seemingly never ending conversation with myself. I also remembered my guitar this time and played my version of the classic “Many Rivers To Cross” by Jimmy Cliff. What a seminal tune it is. There’s plenty of news about the Rathole Radio gig to dig your teeth into as well. I hope you enjoy the show.
- 06:26 – gmz – Getaway (Otra Vez remix) feat Emonic – CC BY-NC-SA Licensed – From Torino, Italy. Made up with tracks from CC Mixter which is cool. I liked the beat.
- 10:41 – Insan3Lik3 – Nice Day – CC BY-NC-SA Licensed – German electro, I like it a lot
- 18:55 – I Am Not Lefthanded – Lifelines (acoustic) – CC BY-NC-SA Licensed – The band just recently released a free EP through Bandcamp in the run up to the launch of the new album. Come see then at the Rathole Radio gig in April!
- 22:40 – Betamax DC – Yes. Fucking. Please… – CC BY-NC-SA Licensed – A Japanese artist and it seems a fitting time to play one at the moment. Great quirky tune and I love the voice samples.
I also talked a lot about the Rathole Roadshow gig on Sunday April 24th at the Zanzibar in Liverpool. Tickets are £5 and you can buy them here.
- 28:57 – Rob Warren – Four Walls – CC BY-NC-SA – From the 2010 album Rise which you can get on Jamendo.
- 31:34 – Maya Filipič – Stories from Emona I – CC BY-NC-ND Licensed – Spanish classical piano artist from Jamendo. Very nice piece I thought, beautifully played.
- 37:52 – Atomik Circus – Avi Pottar – CC BY-SA Licensed – From Biarritz / Dijon, France. Electro / trip-hop, very cool.
LIVE SONG: 44:55 – Jimmy Cliff – Many Rivers To Cross. What a classic tune, I hope I did it justice
- 50:41 – King Never – Sorrow – Copyright Of The Artist – Heard this on AMPed 273. This is from the band’s 2010 album possibilities which is available through Bandcamp and iTunes.
- 58:35 – After Many Days – The Logical Conclusion (Of A Life Full Of Lies) – CC BY-NC-SA Licensed – Spanish rock which I like a lot. Cool riffs, guitars and harmonies.
- A big thank you to Hanna, Giammi and Evgeny Kuznetsov for their kind donations.
If you’d like to chip in, however large or small, I appreciate it. You can use the Paypal button to the right. You don’t need a Paypal account credit cards are accepted. Thank you!
Get In Touch: Please send me your thoughts and feedback on the music I play or any other aspect of the show. If you make music or you know people who make music and you think they should be on the show, send me suggestions and demos by all means. I’m always pleased to find new music and share it with people. Most of that is down to you, the wonderful listeners and your wisdom.
Send all feedback and suggestions to – show AT ratholeradio.org
Next show: Sunday April 3rd 2011 at 9pm UK time
Thanks for listening, I hope you enjoyed the show. Thanks also to everyone who turned up in our IRC channel at irc.freenode.net the channel name is #ratholeradio. I don’t expect much to happen there in the weeks between shows, I probably won’t be around much, but if people want to hang around in there and chat you’re more than welcome. Don’t forget you can access the channel from a web browser by going to webchat.freenode.net and entering #ratholeradio in the channel text box. Take care till next time folks.
Support the show: if you’d like to leave a tip and help pay for the cost of making the show please use the Paypal button in the sidebar of the site.
Music Sources and Licensing: A few of the tracks in this show are from the artists own personal websites and don’t contain licensing information. That’s why they are listed as unknown. The individual licenses are listed next to each track, where known. If there is no license listed you must assume all rights are reserved on that song.
The rest come from the following sources: Jamendo.com
Rathole Radio by Dan Lynch is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 2.0 UK: England & Wales License.
Proud Member of The Association Of Music Podcasting – visit musicpodcasting.org for more details.