Rathole Radio 57 – July 24th 2011
Posted on July 26, 2011
A very special edition of Rathole Radio this time as I was joined by one of my comedy heroes Alexei Sayle. People keep saying we look like twins but I don’t know about that. Check out the picture below and decide for yourself. I also played my usual eclectic mix of music and performed a live track. So put the kettle on, put your feet up and enjoy the music and chat.
- 00:00 – The Banadana Splits – Sometimes – License Unknown
- 05:54 – Al Duval – Where The Comet Falls – CC BY-NC-SA Licensed
- 09:57 – Broam – Wings Of The Fallen – CC BY-SA Licensed – Sent in by listener Bryan K. His own music. Good bit of electro I thought.
21:23 – Special Guest: Alexei Sayle, comedian, writer, actor and all round top bloke.
Massive thanks to the lovely people at News From Nowhere, the radical book shop in Bold St for accommodating me. Go and visit them if you’re ever in Liverpool. Also thanks to my good friend Mr Neil Morrin for helping set this up at the last minute.
The music in the background is Cello Suite No 6 in D Major by Johan Sebastian Bach. This is an excerpt from a much longer performance you can download free from the Gardner Museum collection. It features Colin Carr on solo cello.
- 38:12 – Billy Bragg – Never Buy The Sun – All Rights Reserved- A sentiment I can get behind. I took a chance with this and hoped Billy wouldn’t mind. I don’t think he will.
I also mentioned the MC Frontalot kickstarter project after a prompt from @heeed
- 45:32 – Flearoy – Tiger Lily (with EMEFE horns) – All Rights Reserved – Heard this on AMPed and it was submitted by Rich Palmer of Audio Gumshoe.
- 50:54 – LIVE TRACK – My rendition of Is You Is by Louis Jordan. A jazz/blues classic that I think I’ve played on the show before but it seemed ok to sing it again.
- 64:43 – Lejo Harmeson & Essence – Don’t Be Harshing My Mellow – CC BY-NC-SA Licensed – Another fantastic song from Lejo, check out the lyrics. Words to live by in my book 🙂
A big thanks to everyone who helps support the show financially. It’s a non-profit enterprise. You donations are the reason I can do this. So click those Flattr buttons and use the Paypal link in the sidebar, and I’ll keep the music coming. Deal?
Get In Touch: Please send me your thoughts and feedback on the music I play or any other aspect of the show. If you make music or you know people who make music and you think they should be on the show, send me suggestions and demos by all means. I’m always pleased to find new music and share it with people. Most of that is down to you, the wonderful listeners and your wisdom.
Email all feedback and suggestions to – show AT ratholeradio.org
Next show: Sunday August 7th 2011 at 9pm UK time
Thanks for listening, I hope you enjoyed the show. Thanks also to everyone who turned up in our IRC channel at irc.freenode.net the channel name is #ratholeradio. I don’t expect much to happen there in the weeks between shows, I probably won’t be around much, but if people want to hang around in there and chat you’re more than welcome. Don’t forget you can access the channel from a web browser by going to webchat.freenode.net and entering #ratholeradio in the channel text box. Take care till next time folks.
Support the show: If you’d like to leave a tip and help pay for the cost of making the show please use the Paypal button in the sidebar of the site. Or click the Flattr buttons.
Music Sources and Licensing: A few of the tracks in this show are from the artists own personal websites and don’t contain licensing information. That’s why they are listed as unknown. The individual licenses are listed next to each track, where known. If there is no license listed you must assume all rights are reserved on that song. The rest come from the following sources: Jamendo.com
Rathole Radio by Dan Lynch is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 2.0 UK: England & Wales License.
Proud Member of The Association Of Music Podcasting – visit musicpodcasting.org for more details.