RatholeRadio 60 – 4th Sept 2011
Posted on September 6, 2011
Ahoy hoy! Welcome to another Rathole Radio. This time I played my usual selection of eclectic tunes and I’m also pleased to announce the return of the live song. With my cold under control I attempted the country classic “Sunday Morning Coming Down”, got most of the words wrong but had fun. Hope you enjoy it too.
- 00:00 – Talco – Oro Nero – CC BY-ND Licensed – An Italian ska punk band recommended to me by Doug Whitfield of Music Manumit and I played a track a while ago. They hail from Marghera, Italy. I rediscovered them recently. From the album Combat Circus on Jamendo.
- 08:14 – The Orchestra – Plenty Of Nothing – License Unknown – Swedish country/blues band who I met recently at Liverpool Acoustic Spotlight. Graham Holland asked if they could borrow my guitar and I agreed. Lovely guys and a really good band.
- 12:39 – Jiboul – Premium Test – CC BY-NC-SA Licensed – A French electro/drum and bass artist. Album available on Jamendo. Recommended to my by @yamatt 🙂
- 22:43 – 8in8 – One Tiny Thing – CC BY-NC Licensed – Fascinating project. This group features Ben Folds (You should know him), Amanda Palmer (Dresden Dolls), Damien Kulash (OK Go) and Neil Gaiman (Legendary writer). Quite a line up. They got together and recorded this EP Nighty Night, then released it under CC and put it on Bandcamp. I’ll probably play more in coming shows. Thanks to Ted Sedovic for directing this my way. You can buy the whole thing for 1 dollar on Bandcamp, well worth it.
- 25:55 – Joe Ressington – Lies – License Unknown
Massive apology to Mrs Heeed, who’s real name is apparently Vicky and not Julie. I still swear I heard Julie but I suppose Heeed knows his own wife’s name better than me.
- 33:15 – Danjyon Kimura – TELEPORTER – CC NY-NC-SA Licensed – A nice bit of 8-bit Chiprock that was recommended by @kevie – This artist is Japanese but I don’t know a great deal more about them.
- 35:23 – Rachel Brown – Bumblebee – License Unknown – No idea where I found this now as it was in my big list of things to listen to. I probably got it from AMPed. Amazing voice. Great song. I will endeavor to find out more about Rachel for you. You can by the extended single of Bumblebee on iTunes, Amazon and CD Baby. So go get it, I did 🙂
- 43:29 – Joe Ressington – The Loss Of Summer – License Unknown
- 49:20 – LIVE TRACK – “Sunday Morning Coming Down” – Written by Kris Kristofferson and most famously performed by Johnny Cash.
- 54:24 – Vero Sego – Unoticed – License Unknown – One again a track I found in my massive list from months ago. No idea where I got it but this is a French band from Toulouse and they sound great. You can hear more on their myspace page.
- 62:03 – The Orchestra – Liverpool (View Two Gallery) – License Unknown – Another track from my Swedish friends. Hope you enjoy this track they wrote about Liverpool.
Kind donations came in from David Whitman and Evgeny Kuznetsov. Plus all the people who clicked the Flattr buttons.
A big thanks to everyone who helps support the show financially. It’s a non-profit enterprise. You donations are the reason I can do this. So click those Flattr buttons and use the Paypal link in the sidebar, and I’ll keep the music coming. Deal?
Get In Touch: Please send me your thoughts and feedback on the music I play or any other aspect of the show. If you make music or you know people who make music and you think they should be on the show, send me suggestions and demos by all means. I’m always pleased to find new music and share it with people. Most of that is down to you, the wonderful listeners and your wisdom.
Email all feedback and suggestions to – show AT ratholeradio.org
Next show: Sunday September 18th 2011 at 9pm UK time
Thanks for listening, I hope you enjoyed the show. Thanks also to everyone who turned up in our IRC channel at irc.freenode.net the channel name is #ratholeradio. I don’t expect much to happen there in the weeks between shows, I probably won’t be around much, but if people want to hang around in there and chat you’re more than welcome. Don’t forget you can access the channel from a web browser by going to webchat.freenode.net and entering #ratholeradio in the channel text box. Take care till next time folks.
Support the show: If you’d like to leave a tip and help pay for the cost of making the show please use the Paypal button in the sidebar of the site. Or click the Flattr buttons.
Music Sources and Licensing: A few of the tracks in this show are from the artists own personal websites and don’t contain licensing information. That’s why they are listed as unknown. The individual licenses are listed next to each track, where known. If there is no license listed you must assume all rights are reserved on that song.