RatholeRadio 53 – 29th May 2011
Posted on May 30, 2011
It’s time for another Rathole Radio and together with my usual eclectic mix of tunes I also have a fabulous guest. Fit & The Conniptions AKA Wayne Myers joins us live to talk about music, Linux, funny names and more. I had some technical problems getting him on the line but once I’d got some more coal in the furnace we were away. Enjoy!
- 00:00 – Talco – Tortuga – CC BY-ND Licensed – An Italian ska punk band I was tipped off about by Doug Whitfield from Music Manumit. Very cool tune I think and it’s from their album Combat Circus which you can find on Jamendo.
I talked about the email Don Henry sent me concerning the classical music on the last show. I confused him with Don_S, sorry! You can get more great CC classical music here – http://www.gardnermuseum.org/music/listen/music_library
- 07:44 – Organet – Rim Och Reson – CC BY Licensed – From Stockholm, Sweden. I heard this quirky little track on CCHit’s Weekly Review show and had to share it.
- 13:15 – Fit & The Conniptions – Sweet Sister Starlight – CC BY-NC-SA Licensed – The first track from tonight’s guest.
- 17:56 – Fit & The Conniptions – Solemn Ground – CC BY-NC-SA Licensed
- 21:10 – Southside – Get Down – License Unknown – A fat slice of Nerdcore for the good folks at Scrub Club Records. I enjoyed this track a lot. Been saying this far ages but I’ll get that Scrub Club chat hooked up.
23:40 – Guest: Wayne Myers AKA Fit & The Conniptions joined me to talk about the new album Sweet Sister Starlight.
- 33:02 – Fit & The Conniptions – Nothing’s Any Fun Anymore – CC BY-NC-SA Licensed
- 52:00 – Fit & The Conniptions – Love Less & Live – CC BY-NC-SA Licensed
- 60:48 – Emerald Park – The Commonfield – CC BY-NC-SA – Swedish CC band who are really exceptional. They also played the recent IPO Liverpool event where 20lb Sounds played as well.
Hidiously overdue sorry!!! Massive thanks to these people – Evgeny Kuznetsov, Paul Keeton, Pete Verschueren AKA Brainspoil, Stephen Mahood, Samuel Kiel, Bernhard Keller and all the wonderful people who have Flattr accounts. Please keep supporting the show, you keep this going and I love you for it
Please spread the word about the show, tell 1 friend, it could make a big difference if everyone does it
Get In Touch: Please send me your thoughts and feedback on the music I play or any other aspect of the show. If you make music or you know people who make music and you think they should be on the show, send me suggestions and demos by all means. I’m always pleased to find new music and share it with people. Most of that is down to you, the wonderful listeners and your wisdom.
Send all feedback and suggestions to – show AT ratholeradio.org
Next show: Sunday June 12th 2011 at 9pm UK time
Thanks for listening, I hope you enjoyed the show. Thanks also to everyone who turned up in our IRC channel at irc.freenode.net the channel name is #ratholeradio. I don’t expect much to happen there in the weeks between shows, I probably won’t be around much, but if people want to hang around in there and chat you’re more than welcome. Don’t forget you can access the channel from a web browser by going to webchat.freenode.net and entering #ratholeradio in the channel text box. Take care till next time folks.
Support the show: If you’d like to leave a tip and help pay for the cost of making the show please use the Paypal button in the sidebar of the site. Or click the Flattr buttons.
Music Sources and Licensing: A few of the tracks in this show are from the artists own personal websites and don’t contain licensing information. That’s why they are listed as unknown. The individual licenses are listed next to each track, where known. If there is no license listed you must assume all rights are reserved on that song.
The rest come from the following sources: Jamendo.com
Rathole Radio by Dan Lynch is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 2.0 UK: England & Wales License.
Proud Member of The Association Of Music Podcasting – visit musicpodcasting.org for more details.