Rathole Radio 54 – June 12th 2011
Posted on June 15, 2011
It’s time once again for Rathole Radio, and on this show I played all Creative Commons tracks.
- 00:00 – Mad Mush – Don’t Tell Me That I Don’t Care – CC BY-NC-ND Licensed – British band I heard on Jamendo rock radio, really like this tune.
- 06:43 – Hugo “Droopy” Contini – Sandu – CC BY-NC-SA Licensed – A French jazz sandwich made with jazz bread and served with jazz flavoured crisps. Did I mention it’s jazzy? I’ve played this guy before but he sure knows how to play that horn. From Rawbouce Records.
- 10:38 – Gerador Zero – For X In *.wav; do – CC BY-SA Licensed – Great bit of electro I heard on CCHits Weekly Show. A Brazilian artist according to Jamendo. Very interesting track I thought. Love the dirty beat. Not sure about the programming joke in the title though.
- 18:01 – Paul & Storm – The Captain’s Wife’s Lament – CC BY-NC-SA Licensed – From their 2007 album Gumbo Pants. They supported JC and I have to say this was pretty hilarious live. I didn’t know what to expect from these guys but they were very funny and Jon was crying with laughter for most of the show. You can buy the track on their website.
- 20:25 – LarG Productions – Reagan – CC BY-NC-SA Licensed – A funky bit of hip hop from Jamendo. I like the political angle as well, you won’t be surprised but I’m not fan of Ronald Reagan or the bogus war on drugs. From Vancouver, Canada.
- 26:18 – Bella Ruse – Push On – CC BY-NC-SA Licensed – Another great track I heard on CCHits. The singer’s style reminds me a little of Bjork as the song starts but it changes as it goes on. This is taken from the eponymously titled album on Jamendo. Not much artist info on there though. No link to eternal site, nationality or anything.
- 30:00 – Indigo78 – They Live – CC BY-NC-SA Licensed – British artist from Wolverhampton, formerly the home of Linux podcasts. This is the opening track from The Autumn EP.
- 39:56 – 20lb Sounds – Makes No Sense (Live At The Cavern Club) – CC BY-SA Licensed – This is taken from a video of our Cavern Club gig last month. A fairly new song you may not have heard before. It’s short but sweet. Enjoy!
- 45:54 – Tenpenny Joke – Caroline – CC BY-NC-SA Licensed – Someone has been listening to Audioslave I think, but that’s no bad thing. I’ve played these Aussie rockers before, this track is from their album Ambush On All Sides.
- 56:20 – Jonathan Coulton – Tom Cruise Crazy – CC BY-NC Licensed – Talk about going to see the gig with Lucy and JonTheNiceGuy. Love this song. Surprised I haven’t played more JoCo on the show so far. A great CC musician doing well for himself and deservedly so.
Thanks to @kevie for the Amity In Fame CD he posted.
A big thanks to everyone who helps support the show. You donations are the reason I can do this. So click those Flattr buttons and use the Paypal link, and I’ll keep the music coming. Deal?
Please spread the word about the show, tell 1 friend, it could make a big difference if everyone does it
Get In Touch: Please send me your thoughts and feedback on the music I play or any other aspect of the show. If you make music or you know people who make music and you think they should be on the show, send me suggestions and demos by all means. I’m always pleased to find new music and share it with people. Most of that is down to you, the wonderful listeners and your wisdom.
Send all feedback and suggestions to – show AT ratholeradio.org
Next show: Sunday June 26th 2011 at 9pm UK time
Thanks for listening, I hope you enjoyed the show. Thanks also to everyone who turned up in our IRC channel at irc.freenode.net the channel name is #ratholeradio. I don’t expect much to happen there in the weeks between shows, I probably won’t be around much, but if people want to hang around in there and chat you’re more than welcome. Don’t forget you can access the channel from a web browser by going to webchat.freenode.net and entering #ratholeradio in the channel text box. Take care till next time folks.
Support the show: If you’d like to leave a tip and help pay for the cost of making the show please use the Paypal button in the sidebar of the site. Or click the Flattr buttons.
Music Sources and Licensing: A few of the tracks in this show are from the artists own personal websites and don’t contain licensing information. That’s why they are listed as unknown. The individual licenses are listed next to each track, where known. If there is no license listed you must assume all rights are reserved on that song.
The rest come from the following sources: Jamendo.com
Rathole Radio by Dan Lynch is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 2.0 UK: England & Wales License.
Proud Member of The Association Of Music Podcasting – visit musicpodcasting.org for more details.