RatholeRadio 71 – Feb 5th 2012
Posted on February 7, 2012
Smarten up your acts, put on some pants and sweep that rubbish under the couch. We’ve got guests! Well, a guest (singular) to be more precise. I caught up with Kate from The Teacups to talk folk, biscuits and oddly Noddy Holder. I also played my usual eclectic mix of tunes. Enjoy!
- 00:00 – Gangstagrass – Shoot Dem (feat T.O.N.E.z) – License Unknown – I’ve played Gangstagrass before but I was reminded of them recently by Peter Clitheroe of Suffolk And Cool. This track is available for a limited time as a free download.
RATHOLE RADIO GIG DATE CHANGE – Now Friday May 11th, make a note!
- 07:40 – Lagomorhpa – Skyline – CC BY-NC-SA Licensed – A German artist producing interesting electro from Frankfurt. A drum & bass flavour to proceedings at times I thought. I heard this on the Jamendo dance music radio.
- 11:24 – Quantum Jazz – All About The Sun – CC BY-SA Licensed – Another track off the last album by Danish jazzers Quantum Jazz. End Of Line is the last album in more ways than one as the group has sadly split. But they left some great music that we can all continue to enjoy. Thanks to friend of the show Don_S for sending this. He plays flute on this track. I mistakenly said piano last time.
- 22:07 – Wim Schönermarck – Olacy 200 grams Chips – License Unknown – A beautiful piece of sad Flamenco music. I love the way the guitar and cello interact and I highly recommend it. This track can be downloaded via Sound Cloud.
27:32 – Interview: Kate Locksley from The Teacups. We had a great chat about folk, tea and more.
45:03 – The Teacups – As I Roved Out – License Unknown – A song which Kate picked for us to play and she told us more about it in the intervew.
- 50:10 – I Am This – String Theory – CC Sampling+ Licensed – There really isn’t much information about this artist on Jamendo or their own website. It’s all very cryptic but what I can tell you is that they’re from Pheonix, Arizona and I like this weird experimental track. I think it’ll divide the parish and some of you will hate it but let’s find out.
- 53:26 – Epic Soul Factory – Love – CC BY-NC-SA Licensed – I saw this listed in the Jamendo top 100 and when I clicked on it I expected to hear some smooth soul music from the name. Instead it’s an epic instrumental. It took my surprise but in a good way.
Donations: Thank you to Sijmen Cozijnsen, UltrAnalog and Evgeny Kuznetsov, plus all the wonderful people who supported the show via Flattr! Your donations are the reason I can do this. So click those Flattr buttons and use the Paypal link and I’ll keep the music coming. Deal?
Please spread the word about the show. Tell 1 friend, it could make a big difference if everyone does it.
Get In Touch: Please send me your thoughts and feedback on the music I play or any other aspect of the show. If you make music or you know people who make music and you think they should be on the show, send me suggestions and demos by all means. I’m always pleased to find new music and share it with people. Most of that is down to you, the wonderful listeners and your wisdom.
Email all feedback and suggestions to – show AT ratholeradio.org
You can also find me on Twitter and Identi.ca. Like us on Facebook.
Next Live Show: Sunday Feb 19th 2012 at 9pm UK time
Thanks for listening, I hope you enjoyed the show. Thanks also to everyone who turned up in our IRC channel at irc.freenode.net the channel name is #ratholeradio. I don’t expect much to happen there in the weeks between shows, but if people want to hang around and chat you’re more than welcome. Don’t forget you can access the channel from a web browser by going to webchat.freenode.net and entering #ratholeradio in the channel text box. Take care till next time folks.
Music Sources and Licensing: A few of the tracks in this show are from the artists own personal websites and don’t contain licensing information. That’s why they are listed as unknown. The individual licenses are listed next to each track, where known. If there is no license listed you must assume all rights are reserved on that song.
Rathole Radio is a proud member of the Association Of Music Podcasting.