RatholeRadio 73 – 6th Mar 2012
Posted on March 7, 2012
A slightly overdue Rathole Radio this time. I missed the live show on Sunday unfortunately due to exhaustion, so I recorded this show offline instead. I skipped the live song but I did manage to cram in a bumper selection of eclectic music as always. Normal service will be resumed next time I promise.
- 00:00 – The Gentlemen – Three Minute Marriage Proposal – License Unknown – A great band I heard via AMPed new music weekly and had to share. Love this song and it’s energy. Very well produced too.
- 07:25 – Dumbo Get’s Mad – Marmalade Kids – CC BY-NC-SA Licensed – Another track from CC netlabel Bad Panda Records, I’ve mentioned them a lot. This track is from the album Elephants At The Door released in Feb 2011.
- 11:41 – Zoe Mulford – Just Before I Go – License Unknown – Another one I heard via Graham Holland. I actually saw Zoe performing with Lorelei Loveridge at the View Two gallery in Liverpool back in 2010. It was one of Graham’s Liverpool Acoustic nights and I was really impressed.
- 19:20 – vvsmusic – Greensleeves – CC BY-NC-SA Licensed – From Hamburg in Germany, VVS is a composer and arranger who makes music for films and much more besides. He’s also a software developer and designer. A multi-talented guy it seems. This arrangement of the well known classic Greensleeves is currently number 2 in the Jamendo top 100.
- 22:15 – Bobo In White Wooden Houses – I Wanna Keep You On My Side – License Unknown – Thanks to Moggers87 for this one. Another German artist, lots of those lately. The website has lots of pictures and other things but no real biog or info on the band that I can see. However, they sound great and I hope to find out more.
- 30:58 – Black Bones – Pirates Of The Coast – CC BY-NC-SA Licensed – I have to thank my Linux Outlaws co-host Fab for bringing this to my attention. He got it via a listener who I think heard it via Dave & Caroline at The Bugcast. All very convoluted. Black Bones are a pirate metal band from Piacenza, Italy. This is the opening track off their album of the title. It’s available from Jamendo.
- 34:56 – Black Bones – We’ll Rise Again – CC BY-NC-SA Licensed – The second track off the album Pirates Of The Coast but it leads in from the first one so I wanted to play it.
I was on TuxJam with @kevie, check it out!
- 40:18 – felixjd – _make_believe_ – CC BY Licensed – A funky house track I picked up from Jamendo. It’s by an Italian artist who I can’t tell you a whole lot more about but it sounds good. They’re from Milan and there’s a stack of albums to dig through on Jamendo. I found a MySpace link but not much else. If you find out more let me know.
- 44:56 – vitaminsforyou – Six O’Clock Whispers – CC BY-NC-ND Licensed – This one was submitted to AMPed by Idyllic Music. Nice bit of electro. You can get this on Archive.org
- 56:06 – William Michael Dillon – Black Robes & Lawyers – License Unknown – Heard this one via fellow Liverpool podcaster Graham Holland. A great track and it’s good to play some blues again. Read Dillon’s story from his site, wrongly imprisoned for 27 years he was cleared by DNA evidence in 2008. Now he makes music and campaigns against injustice.
Donations: No donations to mention this time but thank you to all the wonderful people who supported the show via Flattr! Your donations are the reason I can do this. So click those Flattr buttons and use the Paypal link and I’ll keep the music coming. Deal?
Please spread the word about the show. Tell 1 friend, it could make a big difference if everyone does it.
Get In Touch: Please send me your thoughts and feedback on the music I play or any other aspect of the show. If you make music or you know people who make music and you think they should be on the show, send me suggestions and demos by all means. I’m always pleased to find new music and share it with people. Most of that is down to you, the wonderful listeners and your wisdom.
Email all feedback and suggestions to – show AT ratholeradio.org
You can also find me on Twitter and Identi.ca. Like us on Facebook.
Next Live Show: Sunday March 18th 2012 at 9:00pm UK time
Thanks for listening, I hope you enjoyed the show. Thanks also to everyone who turned up in our IRC channel at irc.freenode.net the channel name is #ratholeradio. I don’t expect much to happen there in the weeks between shows, but if people want to hang around and chat you’re more than welcome. Don’t forget you can access the channel from a web browser by going to webchat.freenode.net and entering #ratholeradio in the channel text box. Take care till next time folks.
Music Sources and Licensing: A few of the tracks in this show are from the artists own personal websites and don’t contain licensing information. That’s why they are listed as unknown. The individual licenses are listed next to each track, where known. If there is no license listed you must assume all rights are reserved on that song.
Rathole Radio is a proud member of the Association Of Music Podcasting.